What is Pitch?
NYTVF Pitch, launched in 2011, allows Development Partners to take pitches from the Festival's yearly class of Official Artists. Each partner will guarantee a development deal for one selected producer and pitch. Previous Pitch partners have included SevenOne International, National Geographic Channel, Gannett Broadcasting, Hasbro Studios, Logo, FremantleMedia, H2, Conde Nast Entertainment, truTV, Channel 4, and more.
How does NYTVF Pitch work?
- Each Pitch Partner will provide the NYTVF with a Creative Brief, outlining development goals and the types of pitches they are interested in.
- Creative briefs will be distributed to all Official Artists in the weeks prior to the NYTVF.
- NYTVF Pitch finalists will be selected from the submitted pitches.
- Finalists will meet with development executives from each of the partner companies on-site at the Festival.
How can I participate?
- NYTVF Pitch is a closed initiative hosted on-site at the New York Television Festival that is open ONLY to Official Festival Artists.
What is an "Official Artist"?
- Official Artists designation is applied to the creators of projects that are named Official Selections in the Independent Pilot Competition or finalists in one of the NYTVF's stand-alone partnered development initiatives. Current stand-alone partnered initiatives can be found here.
2016 NYTVF Pitch Awards
In 2016, the sixth installment of this initiative included first-time and returning partners.
Each partner provided a creative brief, which was shared with NYTVF's Official Artists. Artists were invited to submit specific pitches for each partner and the top ideas were identified by the NYTVF for the chance to pitch during the Festival. Each Pitch Partner guaranteed one development deal for an artist participating in NYTVF Pitch, with the following coming out on top:
- OneX: Chas Jackson (Los Angeles, CA)
- Pop: Madeline Walter and Paul Welsh (Los Angeles, CA)
- Super Deluxe: Meghan O’Neill (Brooklyn, NY)
- truTV: Shelly Gossman and Blythe Haaga (Los Angeles, CA)
- WE tv: Joseph Gerbino and Erica Hart (West Palm Beach, FL)